- Only residents or landowners of Burleson County will be allowed to use the Burleson County Citizen Collection Stations. Residents of Burleson County will be required to purchase an identification sticker for their vehicle in order to utilize the collection stations. Your permit sticker must be affixed to the windshield of the vehicle you use to deliver your solid waste. Only vehicles used to deliver solid waste need a sticker. Each identification sticker is $25.00. Therefore, if only 1 vehicle delivers solid waste, the cost will be $25.00; if you have 2 vehicles that deliver solid waste, the cost will be $50.00, etc. The stickers are good at any Burleson County Citizen Collection Station for the calendar year.
- Only resident solid waste generated in Burleson County will be accepted at the Citizen Collection Stations.
- Each Commissioner has the authority to select the location of the Citizen Collection Station(s), within his/her precincts, that will best benefit the citizens of Burleson County.
- Each Citizen Collections Station will be manned at all times during hours of operation. Each Commissioner in his/her precinct will set the hours and days of operation.
- Each Citizen Collection Station will have proper signs erected for the safety of users.
- Each Citizen Collection Station will have separate bins/drums for recyclable materials.
- No composition shingles or appliances with freon allowed.
- Citizen Collection Stations are for residential solid waste only. (NO COMMERCIAL WASTE)
- If a permit holder moves or is no longer a resident of Burleson County, the permit is no longer valid.
- If a permit holder loses his/her sticker or replaces the vehicle in which the sticker was applied, a replacement sticker may be purchased at a reduced cost of $10.00. If for any reason a replacement sticker is obtained using fraudulent information, the purchaser may face a Criminal Mischief charge, a Class C offense punishable by a fine up to $500.
Violation of any of the rules may result